POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Averaged Normal_maps : Re: Averaged Normal_maps Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Averaged Normal_maps
From: Tek
Date: 13 Dec 2006 07:31:56
Message: <457ff2bc$1@news.povray.org>
Well you can do this:
normal {
    average 200 //this scales the bumps a lot, default is 1
    normal_map {
        etc.
    }
}

Or you can use bump_scale ... anywhere to have the same effect.
Not sure if it affects facets.

Also accuracy is worth tweaking, since normals sometimes appear a but wrong
because it's sampling them inaccurately, so a smaller accuracy value can
produce sharper edges but sometimes makes it look worse. Though again I'm
not sure if this affects facets.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com